Our Commitment To Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. This notice should explain our online information practices to allow you to make informed choices about the way your information is collected and used.
The Information We Collect
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve the Site;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you communications about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Makalu and other companies, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Site;
- Personalize advertisements, content, suggested connections or features that match user profiles or activities; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Makalu is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Like most web sites, Makalu also collects and stores information automatically and through the use of electronic tools that may be transparent to our visitors. For example, we may log the name of your Internet Service Provider, your IP address, and information provided by and about your Internet browser. As we adopt additional technology, we may also gather similar information through other means.
The Way We Use Information
We may share information about you as follows:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our Terms of Service, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Makalu or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; or
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Publicly Accessible Information
The Site enables you to share your location-based information via social networking, including allowing others to view your places should you share them on social networks or blogs.
Analytics and Advertising
Services Provided by Other Companies
Makalu takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Our Commitment To Children’s Privacy
Makalu is committed to protecting children’s privacy. For that reason, our Terms of Service prohibit the collection and maintenance of information from anyone under the age of 13 years old.
How to Access, Correct or Delete Your Information
You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by changing or deleting the erroneous information, by deleting your entire Makalu account from the Site, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you delete your account, all account information and saved data is deleted from the Site immediately. Due to the nature of backups and logs, deleted data may persist in backups and logs until they are deleted.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
How To Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please email email@example.com. At this time, we only have the ability to receive and send English-language communications.
Changes To This Policy
We’re here to help!
If you have a question, suggestion, feedback, idea or would just like to say "hello!"—we're just a click away and would love to hear from you.